Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Harry Potter Commission...Hagrid!





Greetings on this fine Thursday Morn... the Sun is shining, the birds are singing I have an extra skip in my step... all appears to be right with the world... but then, I am my Mothers child...keeping a sharp ear open for that 'other' shoe to drop....until then...I will tra la la through the day.


I am sure you don't want to hear me ramble on and on about the day...so for lack of anything better to jot here today...I thought I would post a few pictures of a recent commission we had. Some may have already seen this piece, but many have not so here he is...Rubeus Hagrid...Grounds and Game Keeper for Hogwarts. He is in 1:12th scale..but since he is a 'giant' after all...I had to make him a tad bigger than the classic 1 inch to 1 foot size...I think he figured out to be around 7 inches tall. Polymer clay of course, leather boots, hand dyed jacket, leather belt and carrying bag (with a real carved bone button), a small dagger in a leather sheath...plus a brass Pink umbrella (that really works) and is Hagrid's trademark magical item...
He was a blast to create...oh I do love creating these minis so.



Well that's about it...I think it might be time for me to create a few more Mandrakes and other H.P. items...

Have a great day all....

Later,

Jodi

18 comments:

MiniKat said...

He's lovely! The umbrella is awesome!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Fantastic, wonderful... wish he was mine! Can you post to me by mistake... PLEASE!
No, but really do love everything you make.

Debbie said...

Jodi, I Love your Hagrid..
Really looking forward to the New Film this year.

Jemjoop said...

Oh my goodness. It goes without saying but, perfect likeness. Creagers - you have outdone yourselves.

Creager Studios said...

Thank You so much Kat...I must admit, the umbrella was one of my favorite parts of this piece...

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Nikki...

Oops...sorry...he already was mailed! Thanks so much for the kind words...

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Hi Debbie.... ME TOOOOOOOO!!! I was Devastated last fall when they put it on hold ...WHAT!!! But then we have theis summer to look forward to...

Thanks so much

Jodi

Creager Studios said...

Thanks so much Jen...so happy you like our little Hagrid...

Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW ~ Rubeus is scrumptious Jodi!

Thursday Greets!

Chris (-:

Creager Studios said...

Thanks a bunch Chris... Hope your Day was filled with wonderous things

Jodi

GingerR11 said...

You know I love him. I think we all wish he were ours to keep.
GingerR11

Creager Studios said...

Howdy Ginger...

Good to see you here...I wish I had a cloning machine...I would send a doll to everyone! Truly...

Jodi

Creepy Creations by Jamie Moore said...

Jodi, I love your work! He is amazing! One of my favorite parts in the movies is when he gets his beard singed by Norbert, the baby dragon.

Creager Studios said...

Hi Jamie...

Thanks so much... yes that was a wonderful part in the movie...ah, lets face it...all parts of the H.P. movies are wonderful...
I also like it when Hagrid 'slicked' down his hair with god knows what substance to impress Madame Maxime.

Later,

Jodi

Kabi Designs said...

Wowwwwwww!! Is GREAT!! ^_^

Karina ^_^

Creager Studios said...

Thank you sooo much Karina...

Jodi

MLBetterly said...

Oh Jodi, I LOVE IT! Amazing work as always!

Creager Studios said...

Thanks so much Moriah...means a lot

Later,

Jodi